DMO LISTO ⇒ Basic Tugboat Information
DMO LISTO’s current position in the North Atlantic Ocean is 36.72218° / -76.20966°, as reported by AIS to our vessel tracker app on 2022-04-01 17:15. The yacht is now travelling at a speed of 7 knots.
DMO LISTO (IMO: 64, MMSI: 367628070) is a towing vessel that is now travelling under the flag of [US] USA.
On this page, you may learn about the vessel’s current location, last detected port calls, and current journey details. If the vessel is not covered by AIS, the most recent position will be displayed.
Our AIS receivers have detected DMO LISTO’s present position, and we are not responsible for the data’s accuracy. Our vessel tracking app’s Ais receivers recorded the vessel’s last position when it was in Coverage.
According to AIS, the current draught of DMO LISTO is 3 meters.
Basic Information About DMO LISTO
The Creole Janice was built in 1978 by Rayco Shipbuilders and Repair Company (hull #64) for Hollywood Marine Incorporated in Houston, Texas.
Monteiro Towing Company Incorporated of Houma, Louisiana bought the tug in 1990. She was able to keep her name.
Double Eagle Marine Incorporated of New Iberia, Louisiana purchased her in 1997. The tug was renamed the Rapid Eagle in this location.
The tug was purchased by the Delta Towing Company of Houma, Louisiana in 2001. She was renamed the Delta Pelican there.
Greater New York Marine Transportation Incorporated of Syossett, New York purchased her in 2010. The tug was christened the Island Star there.
Daigle Towing Services Incorporated of Belle Chasse, Louisiana purchased the tug in 2011. She was renamed the Mason Ray there.
IntraTug (the Intracoastal Tug and Barge Company) of Maurice, Louisiana purchased her in 2014. The tug was christened the DMO LISTO there.
The tug was handed to Intracoastal Marine Incorporated, a division of the Intra Marine Group, in Chesapeake, Virginia, in 2021. She was able to keep her name.
Two GM 12V-71 diesel engines provide power. At a 6:1 ratio, Twin Disc reduction gears are used. Two stainless steel fixed pitch propellers are being turned. She’s a twin screw tug with an 800 horsepower rating.
- Vessel Name: DMO LISTO
- USCG Doc. No.: 600327
- Vessel Service: TOWING VESSEL
- Trade Indicator: Coastwise Unrestricted
- Call Sign: WDC2304
- Hull Material: STEEL
- Hull Number: 64
- Ship Builder: RAYCO SHIPBUILDERS & REPA
- Year Built: 1978
- Length: 60.7
- Hailing Port: LAFAYETTE, LA.
- Hull Depth: 8.9
- Hull Breadth: 24
- Gross Tonnage: 72
- Net Tonnage: 49
- Previous Vessel Names:
CREOLE JANICE, RAPID EAGLE, DELTA PELICAN, ISLAND STAR, MASON RAY
- Previous Vessel Owners:
Hollywood Marine Inc., MONTEIRO TOWING CO INC., DELTA TOWING LLC, NORTH AMERICAN MARINE & SECURITY SERVICES LLC, DAIGLE TOWING SERVICE LLC, DALE MARTIN OFFSHORE LLC
Types of tugboats 2022
The Tugboats are in general classified into three types:
- Seagoing tugs – also known as:
- deep-sea tugs
- or ocean tugboats.
- Harbour tugboats: in generally, Harbour tugboats are smaller compared to (Seagoing Tugboats)
- With higher width-to-length ratio.
In other words, in general, River tugboats are also referred to as:
- Tow boats
- Or push boats
How many tugboats are there?
- The tugboat was marketed in the USA, as the second-largest tugboat in the world, with regard to Clarksons Research.
- And there are more than 1,700 tug-type workboats in general, operating in the United States of America, which is only most transcend in size by Indonesia
Tug boat propulsion types 2022
In other word, the propulsion system of a tug boat in general consist mainly of the:
- Prime mover (diesel engine) with a reduction gear attached
- And a shaft line connecting the gear box to its propeller
- Which provides the thrust for propelling the tugboat.
Who makes tug boats/Tugboat company 2022?
- First and foremost, Vane Brothers operates as one of the most basic advanced tug fleets in North America at large
- With approximately 50 model-bow tugboats,
- Square-bow push boats,
- Articulated tug
- Together with barge units (AT/B’s)
- And launch/freight boats